Ubuntu 4.10

Andrew virgule88 at videotron.ca
Sun Nov 14 16:16:00 MST 2004

On Sun, 2004-11-14 at 15:15, Brian Barr wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 12:00:08 -0700 (MST)
> yellowdog-general-request at lists.terrasoftsolutions.com wrote:
>
> > Sweet stuffs. I tried but computer freeze after I choose 'Linux' in
> > bootx. Would you be kind enough to post detailled instructions? (as for
> > what file(s) goes where)
>
> Getting things booted for any linux distribution can be difficult.
>
> * Is initrd.gz in the root of your HFS partition?
> * Did you specify the ramdisk as /dev/ram?
> * Did you specify ramdisk size as 8192?
> * Append an appropriate video mode options?

Been there, done that. Still won't boot; same phenomenon : complete
freeze right after hitting 'Linux' button in bootx). My MacOS partition
is HFS+, I figured this the culprit.... Would have to
re-re-re-re-re-re-format and re-re-re-re-install both MacOS and the
Linux distro... no way... I stick with the puppy. :-)