Ubuntu 4.10

Brian Barr barr at coastal.ufl.edu
Sun Nov 14 13:15:40 MST 2004

On Sun, 14 Nov 2004 12:00:08 -0700 (MST)
yellowdog-general-request at lists.terrasoftsolutions.com wrote:

> Sweet stuffs. I tried but computer freeze after I choose 'Linux' in
> bootx. Would you be kind enough to post detailled instructions? (as for
> what file(s) goes where)

Getting things booted for any linux distribution can be difficult.

* Is initrd.gz in the root of your HFS partition?
* Did you specify the ramdisk as /dev/ram?
* Did you specify ramdisk size as 8192?
* Append an appropriate video mode options?

It worked for me.  Unsupported in today's world doesn't mean it won't work...they just don't want to hear about it if it doesn't.