Ubuntu 4.10

Mark mpubols at wsunix.wsu.edu
Mon Nov 15 09:27:56 MST 2004

Hi people,

I think that I have benefitted from the thread myself, I believe that it is
more on topic than some of you may realize. The issue with the sound driver
is a point of concern for potential YDL users...myself included. I trust
that it will be fixed eventually and in the meantime it is good to know
about other distros for PPC.

I have loaded the Ubuntu onto my Pismo and it looks like a fairly nice OS,
but I will probably load the YDL 4 onto it as soon as it is available on a
mirror and learn to deal with the "terrible handicap" of having no sound for
it for a while. My main intent of using the machine in the first place
involves issues that do not concern listening to a CD or some other sound
related application.

Thanks to all that have discussed this thus far, it is one reason that I
have found this list beneficial for myself.

Mark