Ubuntu 4.10

Jima jima at beer.tclug.org
Mon Nov 15 07:14:42 MST 2004

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004, Eric Dunbar wrote:
> For those of you who read your e-mail on-line and don't like to have
> your inboxes cluttered with a million and one messages _on the same
> topic_, may I suggest that you investigate GMail for your e-mail needs
> (hint, hint).

 Is this your justification for continuing the off-topic discussion?
"It doesn't take up much room on *my* email service!"  Yes, I'm aware of
GMail.  I haven't been living under a rock.  I simply prefer using my
existing email infrastructure, thanks.
 In case there was any confusion, this is a Yellow Dog discussion list,
not an Ubuntu discussion list.  Yes, we get the point: A lot of people are
switching to Ubuntu.  Oh well.  Good for you.  Use what you like.  See you
later.  If you're having trouble, though, don't ask here.
 My best guess as to why the TSS crew hasn't spoken up on the subject is
that they don't want to look like they're censoring the list.  I wouldn't
blame them, it could look bad.  However, the subject is getting rather
tired, and the horse is already quite dead.
 Can we move on?

     Jima