Fedora Core 3

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Wed Nov 17 11:35:36 MST 2004

Hate to mention Ubuntu again, but it has packages for totem-gstreamer and
totem-xine, but totem-gstreamer is "supported" and totem-xine isn't.
Apparently you have to switch to totem-xine if you want to play DVDs
because the gstreamer plugins simply aren't there in any workable state.
If you're putting together gstreamer plugins, how about making DVD-reading
plugins for gstreamer? If Ubuntu and FC3 and probably YDL 4.1 are all
getting on the gstreamer bandwagon, you know there will be a high demand
for that.