AW: Re: YDL4 on an iBook G3

Keitsch, Krischan keitsch at dena.de
Thu Nov 18 01:16:42 MST 2004

Hello Tony,

I am running Fedora Core 3 (rawhide) on an iBook G3 800MHZ Kernel 2.6.9-something and I made similar experiences:
I believe the power management program pbbuttonsd is responsible for this.
I had to compile pbbuttons from source since it was not installed or avaible by default.
Consider upgrading to the latest version: http://pbbuttons.sourceforge.net/
Maybe that helps - but it is not a guarantee: I use an external keyboard and a external mouse via usb. Every time I press a key on the external keyboard to wake up the iBook it freezes (black screen with some output from pbbuttons or from the kernel)

Not a perfect solution yet - however pbbuttons is heading the right way. It is getting better and better every version. [Thank you Matthias Grimm!!!]

Krischan