YDL4 on an iBook G3

Daniel Blanken danB at onlinehome.de
Thu Nov 18 13:52:41 MST 2004

Hey folks...

(@krischan:)
> Maybe that helps - but it is not a guarantee: I use an external
> keyboard and a external mouse via usb. Every time I press a key on the
> external keyboard to wake up the iBook it freezes (black screen with
> some output from pbbuttons or from the kernel)
This one fits perfectly with my experience. However, to me this seems
to be an incompatbility between the iBooks hardware, pbbuttonsd and
perhaps the 2.6.x kernel.
I conclude this from the fact that the first time I experienced this
bug was after I upgraded my YDL 3.0.1 installation with a customized
2.6 kernel (built from the YellowDog sources at ppckernel.org) and a
current version of pbbuttonsd (replacing the original pmud of YDL 3).

(@Tony:)
> Putting the iBook to sleep by closing the lid appears to go to sleep
> normally, however waking from sleep by opening the lid causes, some
> messages about waking ethernet/aiport and then it does not respond
> afterwords.
Another thing I experienced with YDL 3.0.1 and the 2.6.x kernel. A
while ago I came across a posting by Ben-H stating that there is a
known problem with Kernel 2.6.x and a certain driver (can't remember
which one it was). Disabling this driver didn't help, tho... :(

Greetings,
danB