iBook G4 1.2ghz Fan Problems

Andrew Zschetzsche zsche004 at mrs.umn.edu
Sun Nov 21 12:42:11 MST 2004

OK, based on that I'm going to ask everybody else:

Does anyone use OS X on a regular basis on their iBook's and see their fan
spin up?

My iBook G4 1.2 Ghz has gotten very hot under OS X but I have never heard
the fan run!  Under Linux, (Ubuntu), all it takes is a processor load and
the fan kicks up loud as a jet engine. Thankfully, my machine has never
shutdown on me, but I'm getting concerned. (I want my machine to _last_)

Is a lack of fan under OS X something I should be yelling at Apple for, or
something I should attempt hacking?

Andy Z.

--
Andrew Zschetzsche
University of Minnesota, Morris
zsche004 at mrs.umn.edu
aim: zsche004
msn: zsche004 at mrs.umn.edu

America's Best Public Liberal Arts College.

--The best answer to a problem with multiple solutions is often the simplest
one.