i just install ydl 4

Andrew virgule88 at videotron.ca
Mon Nov 22 14:04:17 MST 2004

On Mon, 2004-11-22 at 14:38, junior gagne wrote:
> and MAN its a large dissapointment , i can belive i nearly spend money on
> that .... lucky for me, ubuntu gave  me something to wait on ....  and Damn
> ill change back  to ubuntu   tonight after work ....
>

> sorry for the team at YDL   but sorry guy this time you miss the boat by a
> miles ...
> the easiest way to install you app is not even  there ( synaptic)
> the mp3 player is shit (why mmxx is not there )
>
> i love the ydl 3 for what its was ..... but ydl 4  mannnnnnnn  please shoot
> me
>
> sorry you just lost a other person
> good luck for ydl 5
>
> how the hell a compagny can wish to put a product like that
> thx for making  its free   ( its not worth much )
> renaud

Its clear you are disappointed, heh? But what's your points?
1- No GUI package installer
2- XMMS is not included

<sarcasm>
Big Deal! We're all screwed!
</sarcasm>

You provided us with some negative opinions now I will destroy them two:

1- You qualify Synaptic as >the easiest way to install you app>. It
really is just a GUI front-end for apt. It work like this: Open
Synaptic, browse a tedious list of app, select it then click 'install'
(that will actually run apt in background) button?
With yum: <yum install app> Thats it, thats all.

2- XMMS is not there. The ppc.rpms are still available from version 3
(xmms-1.2.7-13c.ppc.rpm) Would you like the newest version? (1.2.10)
Then, all you need is to download the tarball and do: <rpmbuild -ta
xmms-1.2.10.tar.gz>

Its easy to whine about this is that "not being like I want". I
challenge you to de better (YDL team) AND make it publicly available for
FREE (as in free of charge) first then such complain could have some
value and credibility to me. I have a clue how much Apple is restrictive
about the reverent information/data they provide to YDL for them to make
things work (sound on G5, AirPort Extreme anyone?). Second, since Terra
Soft Solution are the ONLY Apple-authorized vendor/distributor to sell
Apple hardware with a non-Apple OS pre-installed, I think its safe to
say they won't risk this (alliance?) doing stuffs like reverse
engineering drivers to get things to work.

Thats how I see it.
-Andrew