YDL 4.0 frequency scaling

Jima jima at beer.tclug.org
Wed Nov 24 14:54:22 MST 2004

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004, Andrew Zschetzsche wrote:
> > BTW: Is this possible to switch 'frequency governor' manually (say:
> > using a CLUI command) or does it need kernel re-compiling then a reboot
> > everytime??
>
> I'm not sure, but it would certainly help.
> I know you can set a default 'frequency governor when you re-compile the
> kernel, as I changed my from 'performance' to 'userspace'.  But now I'm
> stuck at half my processor.

 Okay, I've kept quiet only because I expected someone else to chime in by
now, but since that's not happening...what the heck.
 From my understanding/experience with CPU scaling, /proc/cpuinfo reports
the reduced CPU speed until there's a CPU load that kicks the scaling up.
Simulate a load (seti/folding at home, whatever) and /proc/cpuinfo ought to
change.
 But, I could be wrong; I haven't played with scaling much.

     Jima