YDL 4.0 frequency scaling

Andrew Zschetzsche zsche004 at mrs.umn.edu
Wed Nov 24 15:02:06 MST 2004

>>> BTW: Is this possible to switch 'frequency governor' manually (say:
>>> using a CLUI command) or does it need kernel re-compiling then a reboot
>>> everytime??
>>
>> I'm not sure, but it would certainly help.
>> I know you can set a default 'frequency governor when you re-compile the
>> kernel, as I changed my from 'performance' to 'userspace'.  But now I'm
>> stuck at half my processor.
>
>  Okay, I've kept quiet only because I expected someone else to chime in by
> now, but since that's not happening...what the heck.
>  From my understanding/experience with CPU scaling, /proc/cpuinfo reports
> the reduced CPU speed until there's a CPU load that kicks the scaling up.
> Simulate a load (seti/folding at home, whatever) and /proc/cpuinfo ought to
> change.
>  But, I could be wrong; I haven't played with scaling much.

How about the making of a large piece of software?  That's what was going on
as I was messing with this (in the kernel with 'userspace' as the default
governor)

Andy

--
Andrew Zschetzsche
University of Minnesota, Morris
zsche004 at mrs.umn.edu
aim: zsche004
msn: zsche004 at mrs.umn.edu

America's Best Public Liberal Arts College.

--The best answer to a problem with multiple solutions is often the simplest
one.