YDL 4.0 frequency scaling

Andrew virgule88 at videotron.ca
Wed Nov 24 16:27:00 MST 2004

On Wed, 2004-11-24 at 16:47, Andrew Zschetzsche wrote:
> > I think /proc/cpuinfo won't refresh often, if at all, between reboots.
> > You can update manually with this command, ran as root:
> >
> > 	update /proc/cpuinfo
>
> I tried this, there is no command for it.

I swear there is :-) Its in /sbin. Default PATH only include /bin
 Thats why you got 'command not found'. This variable define where
 the system look when you input a command...
 See <~/.bash_profile> file... Here is how I've setup mine:

# User specific environment:
PATH=$PATH:$HOME/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/local:/usr/local/bin:

> > BTW: Is this possible to switch 'frequency governor' manually (say:
> > using a CLUI command) or does it need kernel re-compiling then a reboot
> > everytime??
>
> I'm not sure, but it would certainly help.
> I know you can set a default 'frequency governor when you re-compile the
> kernel, as I changed my from 'performance' to 'userspace'.  But now I'm
> stuck at half my processor.
>
> Andy Z

I found some informations:
http://gandalf.ics.uci.edu/~haldar/lamp/cpu-freq/user-guide.txt

And these two commands already included with YDL:

</usr/sbin/cpufreqset> and </usr/sbin/cpufreqsetgovernor>

They does not work on my machine... Nothing happen (no man entry, no
--help...)
I guess its time to dig some more but im not quite enthousiast... :/

	google: </proc/sys/cpu/ site:terrasoftsolutions.com>