Need help perfecting Video Capture

nucFlash nucflash at cwis.net
Fri Nov 26 00:43:05 MST 2004

Hello all.

I am having a little problem perfecting video capture on my YDL mac.  I
am currently trying to setup my old Formac ProTV II video tuner under
linux so I can capture video.  This is one of the reasons I installed
linux to begin with since Formac DID NOT develope drivers for the ProTV
cards for Mac OS X.  My setup is a Sawtooth based Power Mac G4 running
at 400mhz.  I have recomiled a 2.4 kernel and included the Video4Linux
drivers.  I installed xawtv and received the following

[root at mainYDLmac xawtv-3.94]# xawtv
This is xawtv-3.94, running on Linux/ppc (2.4.25-ben1-nwpmac1)
can't open /dev/video0: No such device
v4l-conf had some trouble, trying to continue anyway
v4l2: open /dev/video0: No such device
v4l2: open /dev/video0: No such device
v4l: open /dev/video0: No such device
no video grabber device available

I figure I simply need to configure it but I have no idea where to
start.  Any assistance aould be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.