Sound in YDL 4.0

Kouzmenko Serguei kuzmwich at mail.ru
Mon Nov 29 02:26:51 MST 2004

Hi !

I install YDL 4.0 on my G4 Titanium 800 MHz Radeon Mobility 7500. My STEP by STEP.
During installation to improov grafic on screen you need switch your terminal from Grafic ( 7 ) to any one and back.
ALT-CTL-fn-F2 than back ALT-CTL-fn-F7
Determin Display Setup by default. ( Than it possible to configure it in X11 correctly )
Sound detected and tested O'k
First boot with one problem - ETHERNET ( you need change ETH0 and ETH1 in /etc/modprobe.conf - anaconda problem - it set it
as AirPort )

My question:
What shel I do to resolve situation with sound in KDE. After startx command I receive message:

Sound server information message:
Error: while initializing the sound driver
SNDCTL_DSP_SETFMT failed - invalid argument
The sound server will continue, using the null output device

Module dmasound_pmac loaded during boot without problem

The second:
MOL start OS X 10.3.6 without problem, but don't start Classsic 9.2.2 . Why ?

The last:
What means in XF86Config:

LOAD DRI

Any suggestion