MOL - Mac on LInux

Eric D hideme666 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 1 05:42:09 MDT 2004

Well, I managed to get rpmbuild after discovering that its contained in
rpm-build (yum install rpm-build). Last night I tried yum install rpm* and
that didn't find it. Hmm. Just figured out that I should've done yum list
rpm*.

Now I'm left with an error after doing a rpmbuild on the mol-kmods source
rpm.

It tells me:
user and group samuel does not exist -- using root

<sigh>

I guess I'll mosy on over to the MOL mailing list and see what I have to do
to get MOL kmods to have a kernel version number that matches mine precisely
(mine is 2.4.22-2f, the one in the MOL that shipped with YDL 3.0.1 was
2.4.22-2f.smp_something_something... and I certainly don't have a multi
processor machine nor did the -a switch allow MOL to run).

Eric.