Just curious

GDB-B&W-YDL3.0.1 slugg0 at adelphia.net
Sat Oct 2 06:51:42 MDT 2004

GDB-B&W-YDL3.0.1 wrote:

> In an effort to understand what is happening when yaboot starts my
> computer, I have looked at the partition map of the HD (80 Gb Maxtor
> IDE)  and found the following.  hda1-8 are all less than 1 Mb and take
> up the first 2 sectors of the HD.  Next there is a 128 Mb free space.
> hda10 is an hfs+ partition and is 31011 Mb in size.  This is my OSX
> partition.  Then another 128 Mb free space.  hda12 is also an hfs+
> partition and is 5997 Mb in size.  This is my OS9 partition.  hda9 is
> the yaboot hfs partition and is 1 Mb in size.  hda11 is my 1000 Mb
> linux swap partition and hda13 is my 10000 Mb ext3 YDL partition.
> This leaves 29901 Mb of free space at the end of the drive.  Below is my

<SNIP>

Some of you may remember this thread from awhile back.  As an update, I
finally got around to repartitioning my B&W HD as it should be.  Now my
bootstrap is located on HDA9, OS9 is HDA11 and OSX is HDA13.  The
original problem I had was that when I went into OS9 and tried to
restart the computer, it would hang, basically just a blank screen.  Now
that I have redone everything, both OSX and OS9 cause this problem!  The
only time I get the yaboot screen is when I restart from YDL.  The
original problem was thought to be because of the odd location of my
bootstrap drive but now it's in the "right" location.  Any ideas?

Just a message from Doug...