compiling mol, LyX etc

Eric D hideme666 at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 2 12:40:29 MDT 2004

Halo Marc, jij komt van de Flaamse gedeelte van Belgie!?

Anyway, I'll give that a try (setting the startup disk in OS X to OS 9). To
switch between OS X and 9 I imagine you'd have to shutdown the Mac OS X
running in MOL and startup OS 9 with a separate switch (startmol vs.
startmol -X).

Tjuus, Eric.

>From: Marc <markov at tele2.be>
>To: Yellow Dog Linux General Discussion List
><yellowdog-general at lists.terrasoftsolutions.com>
>Subject: Re: compiling mol, LyX etc
>Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 08:44:23 +0200
>

>Op 2-okt-04 om 02:07 heeft Eric D het volgende geschreven:
>
>>Well, it's working 99% now on my Beige G3/266 128 MB RAM (according to OS
>>X 96 MB ;-). I figured out that I had to modify the /etc/mol/mol.macos and
>>/mol.osx files to point to /dev/hdc6 (my IDE HD and partition for OS X/9).
>>
>>I couldn't get OS 9 (can't find a bootable disk) to boot but OS X is
>>working just fine ;P (as I type this from within Safari within MOL 0.90.69
>>within YDL 3.0.1 running a SMP kernel). Bizarre! Perhaps it has something
>>to do with the fact that I have 9 and X on the same partition?
>
>Yes, if you would boot os X and take os 9 as boot system in "startup disc"
>it
>should work.  I gues you may run os x under mol to do this, but since
>I will run mol *soon*, I haven't done it.  So I don't know if you have
>config files
>while switching between os x an os 9 in mol....   (maybe not, you say -X
>...)
>
>Marc

Designer Mail isn't just fun to send, it's fun to receive. Use special
stationery, fonts and colors.
first two months FREE*.