Just curious

markov at tele2.be markov at tele2.be
Sat Oct 2 13:13:10 MDT 2004

> Some of you may remember this thread from awhile back.  As an update, I
> finally got around to repartitioning my B&W HD as it should be.  Now my
> bootstrap is located on HDA9, OS9 is HDA11 and OSX is HDA13.  The
> original problem I had was that when I went into OS9 and tried to
> restart the computer, it would hang, basically just a blank screen.  Now
> that I have redone everything, both OSX and OS9 cause this problem!  The
> only time I get the yaboot screen is when I restart from YDL.  The
> original problem was thought to be because of the odd location of my
> bootstrap drive but now it's in the "right" location.  Any ideas?

Do you have an extra PCI-IDE card?
The ide is faulty on rev A machines...

I have a BW that doesn't want to install os X.
It might be the ram, maybe the ide chip.

It seems to run ydl when I install with one 64mb chip,
then hit the cuda button(cold) when I add new ram, AND do a
hdparm -X34 /dev/hda
just after reboot. (before you start a session in kde, otherwise
it can hang.)  I have already been working for about 2hrs, then shut
down the machine...
I deleted the irda package, as it got broke after a crash too...
I guess the bw doesn't like to be peeked around in his brain...

Marc