Automatic Reboot?

Drew Lane drew.lane at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 4 09:04:57 MDT 2004

I have an old Beige PowerMac 7600 running YDL 3 that I use as
a personal server.

I don't know about the newer Macs, but with this one when
there is a power outage (blackout, etc.) the machine doesn't
reboot when the power comes back on.  It would not be a
big deal if the server went out for a short time as long as it
would come back on when the power is restored!

Is this a hardware issue or is there something that I can override
in the software or firmware?

I have been having lots of trouble with my UPS lately and I'll
be going on vacation soon, so I'm trying to prevent a problem.

Thanks,

Drew