MOL works, some remarks

markov at tele2.be markov at tele2.be
Tue Oct 5 14:13:02 MDT 2004

I managed to spawn an OS 9 to another computer.

on the host (ydl) do:
DISPLAY=ip-address-other-host:0.0
export DISPLAY

on the machine that is going to receive the mol:
(an imac w os x and x11)
xhost +

startmol in ydl-terminal starts up on my imac.
(there are some settings you can play with:
enable_console_video: no

Another remark: somebody said it is a mol issue
that mol can't boot os x if os 9 and os x are on one
partition and os 9 is marked as boot os.  That's not true,
mol sees a partition as a file and boots from it.
I use a G3/266 and if xpostfacto on os9 would work, I would
be able to mark the partition as a os x partition,
thus booting from os x next time.

Marc