YDL 4.0 on a PB 1Ghz 12"

Thierry de Coulon tcoulon at decoulon.ch
Thu Oct 7 03:24:55 MDT 2004

On Wednesday 06 October 2004 22:28, markie at ydl.net wrote:
> Sound worked on my Pismo (Powerbook G3/400 Firewire 2000) in rc3, but does
> not work on either the Pismo or my Yosemite (G3/450 B&W tower) in 4.0
> final.
>
> Mark

Thanks for this info. It's probably the best to revert to trusty 3.01 until
this is cleared. I'd wish however that this "unfinished" state would be
indicated by an RC status. My PowerBook is not "new" (it's almost 1 year old)
and G5's shipped in September 2003, so I must confess it's hard to understand
how a release that does not support 12 month old machines can be considered
out of the beta status.

Thierry

--
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not
sure about the former" - Albert Einstein