Caviar 2540 disc

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Fri Oct 8 02:17:32 MDT 2004

The link you provided makes no mention of dip switches or jumpers. Caviar
drives in general can only be set to master or slave if they are one of
two devices on the bus, which is something that IIRC the G3/266 doesn't
support, so you need to set the drive not to master, nor slave, nor even
cable select, but "single" as it is the only device on the bus.