install on 9600

Bob Schmidt theschmidts at cableone.net
Fri Oct 8 16:21:45 MDT 2004

Thanks for all the help on my 9600, I finally got it to work, kinda. I
used Xautoconfig --safe, then went into display setup and changed my
monitor and tried to change my video card settings. I have a ATI Radeon
7000 with 64mb of ram. Linux probes it as a ATI Radeon VE. But if I use
either of these settings the computer just locks up. So right now I am
running it as ann unprobed card. I suppose I could go through every ATI
card and see which ones works unless maybe someone knows an easier way
:-)

Thanks again,
Bob

P.S. this is faster than I thought it would be on a stock 9600, anyone
install YDL on a computer with a sonnet processor card installed? Did
it work?