What gives?

GDB-B&W-X.3.5 slugg0 at adelphia.net
Sun Oct 10 22:37:48 MDT 2004

Daniel Gimpelevich wrote:

>I would have thought you wanted to know how to look at it so that you
>could make a record of what it says under YDL after an unsuccessful boot
>into OSX (before you reset the PRAM), and compare it to what it says under
>OSX when booting into OSX succeeds. There's probably no need to understand
>the stuff that matches; it's whatever's different that would be a red flag.

Okay, have taken your advice and printed a list of both to compare.
Here are the results.  Under the YDL list a total of 42 settings were
listed.  Out of those 42, only one item that did not correspond to a
setting on the OSX list: aapl,pci=

On the OSX list, a total of 43 settings were listed.  Out of those 43, 2
items did not show up on the YDL list:

ASVP    010717000032%00
boot-args

Although listed in different order and a somewhat different format, the
rest of the items corresponded exactly to both lists.  Can you make
anything out of this?

Just a message from Doug...