What gives?

GDB-B&W-YDL3.0.1 slugg0 at adelphia.net
Mon Oct 11 20:42:10 MDT 2004

GDB-B&W-YDL3.0.1 wrote:

> Daniel Gimpelevich wrote:
>
>> D'oh!! In an earlier post, you said that OS9 is on hda11 and OSX is on
>> hda13, but here you have them the other way around! Also, if I were
>> you I
>> would change the second line to simply "device=hd:" and add
>> "enableofboot"
>> to the end.
>>
>> <SNIP>
>>
> Sorry Daniel, at the time I wrote that it was the other way around!
> During one of my attempts to fix this problem I reversed the order of
> the partitions to see if it made any difference.  It didn't so I went
> back to the old way of doing it.  Will give your latest suggestion a
> try.  Any guess as to why it was like that?
>
> Just a message from Doug...

Okay, no significant change except the addition of the open firmware
boot choice in the boot prompt.  After changing the yaboot.conf and
running ybin, looking at the nvram gives the boot device as:

> boot-device=/pci at 80000000/pci-bridge at d/pci-ata at 1/@0/disk at 0:9,\\:tbxi

Just where in the heck is this coming from?  Something is really messed
up, but what?

Just a message from Doug...