(OT) Re: Headless YellowDog

Geert Janssens geert.janssens3 at pandora.be
Wed Oct 13 14:07:47 MDT 2004

Jima wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Oct 2004, Jim Bauer wrote:

>>>The beginnings of extreme programming? All the dweebs huddled around their
>>>Sun, praying to its mighty CPU. That would be kind of cool, actually.
>>
>>More like getting 2 computers for the price of one.  And considering the
>>price of Suns back then, you might want to have more then two.
>

>  Funny, I actually acquired one of those cards not so long ago for $5-15.
> Tried it once under Linux, to no avail, and ended up just tossing it into
> a box of parts in my basement.  (I don't use Solaris, so I guess it's of
> no use to me.)  Amusing to see people talking about it, on a PPC list, no
> less.

Actually, I think it's not only relevant "in the old Sun days", see:

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/id;1222332322;fp;4;fpid;1

HP is apparently touting four users on one PC is their new invention for
developing countries.

I believe this also was on /. some time ago. They used both usb and PS/2
ports to get 4 keyboards and 4 mice connected.

Cheers,

Geert Jan