[OT] - Downloadable Mac OS

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 21:04:07 MDT 2004

Don't quote me on the can't distribute part. You may want to check
with Apple legal on that point.

Even though I understand the desire to avoid OS 8 (& the principle
(-al?) of OSS), there are sooo many licences floating around for $5
that cost is not a barrier to computing (if you can afford the
electricity to power a computer, you can also afford the $5 for an OS
8 licence).

And, if you run a pre-G3 Mac you can even have a "free" OS to do the
booting (of course, you still are restricted from distributing it).

PS I still wonder whether it might be possible to force 7.5.5 to boot
on a G3? Oftentimes there were hacks that would allow an OS to run on
a supposedly unsupported platform (however unstable the result was).

Eric.