[OT] - Downloadable Mac OS

Norberto Quintanar nquintanar at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 14 04:13:04 MDT 2004

It's not about 5 or 10 dollars.  It's about open source.

--- Eric Dunbar <> wrote:

> Don't quote me on the can't distribute part. You may want to check
> with Apple legal on that point.
>
> Even though I understand the desire to avoid OS 8 (& the principle
> (-al?) of OSS), there are sooo many licences floating around for $5
> that cost is not a barrier to computing (if you can afford the
> electricity to power a computer, you can also afford the $5 for an
> OS
> 8 licence).
> And, if you run a pre-G3 Mac you can even have a "free" OS to do
> the
> booting (of course, you still are restricted from distributing it).
>
> PS I still wonder whether it might be possible to force 7.5.5 to
> boot
> on a G3? Oftentimes there were hacks that would allow an OS to run
> on
> a supposedly unsupported platform (however unstable the result
> was).
>
> Eric.
>
> On Wed, 13 Oct 2004 16:04:29 -0700 (PDT), Norberto Quintanar
> <nquintanar at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Ah, the can't distribute part annoys me.  I want to be able to
> get
> > this together so us oldworld mac users can use hardware without
> mac
> > os.  OS "anything beforee X" isn't that great.  What use is
> hardware
> > if you can't use it?
> >
> > NQ
> >
> > =====
> > --Norberto Quintanar
> HINT: to Google archives, try  '<keywords>
> site:terrasoftsolutions.com'

=====
--Norberto Quintanar

"You belong to something bigger. From birth. And your life is spent rediscovering the underlying principles, through various players -- coaches, mentors, teachers, spouses, kids. It's in your genes. Your responsibility. Destiny. Is all on you.  Lead, follow, or get out of the way."
--Norberto Quintanar