miboot links

Daniel Gimpelevich daniel at gimpelevich.san-francisco.ca.us
Thu Oct 14 18:30:56 MDT 2004

If you're truly interested in making CDs bootable on pre-NewWorld
machines, including OldWorld PCI Macs, NuBus PowerMacs, and 68k Macs, I've
done it after a couple of coasters. It's a difficult thing to accomplish,
and next to impossible for hybrid CDs. Also, it cannot be done properly
from Linux as mkisofs is broken in that regard. You need to use Mac OS
10.3.x, and you must have your 10.2 install discs handy. For background on
how such CDs work, read:
http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn/tn1189.html