KDE, GNOME and older Power Macs

Jim Hart jhart at bates.edu
Tue Oct 19 08:19:49 MDT 2004

Recommend you see the articles on LinuxWorld, "How to create a
Linux-based network of computers for peanuts":

http://www.linuxworld.com/story/32827.htm
http://www.linuxworld.com/story/32832.htm
http://www.linuxworld.com/story/32838.htm
http://www.linuxworld.com/story/32842.htm
http://www.linuxworld.com/story/32849.htm
http://www.linuxworld.com/story/32857.htm
http://www.linuxworld.com/story/32864.htm
http://www.linuxworld.com/story/32869.htm
http://www.linuxworld.com/story/32879.htm
http://www.linuxworld.com/story/32710.htm
http://www.linuxworld.com/story/32718.htm
http://www.linuxworld.com/story/32729.htm
http://www.linuxworld.com/story/32734.htm
http://www.linuxworld.com/story/32742.htm
http://www.linuxworld.com/story/32754.htm

They're based on Intel hardware, but most everything applies to Macs,
as well. You just have to figure out how to install the right stuff
from YDL. You could, instead, use Debian PPC, which would make the Mac
environment more like the articles. In any case, please let me know how
you make out. I'm interested in doing the same thing.