Maximum supported RAM with YDL4.0

Jerry S. jer_57 at cox.net
Thu Oct 21 06:48:41 MDT 2004

Hello Yellow,

  Sounds like you might need to recompile the kernel with large memory
  support.  I think what you are seeing is a rollover (max allowible
  4gig, hence you see remaining 2gig).  Don't know that for sure, the
  largest memory systems I work with right now is 4 gig.
  Unfortunately all of those are x86 (my ppc systems are much older).
  You might try reducing the memory to 4gig or less and see what is
  reported (I'm betting it will all be seen).  If that works as
  expected, try rebuilding the kernel and enabling large (>4gig) mem
  support.

  jer