OpenOffice

Clinton MacDonald clint.macdonald at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 24 14:01:26 MDT 2004

Mr. Dunbar:

Eric Dunbar wrote:
> Hi all, I'm trying to use OpenOffice but can't copy and paste:

The version of OpenOffice.org that shipped with Yellow Dog Linux 3.x was
extremely buggy, and the copy-paste bug was only the most obvious.
Here's a link to a much more up-to-date version of OO.o:

<http://porting.openoffice.org/linuxppc/ppclinks.html>

The updated version is very highly recommended. If you have trouble
installing this version, here is a posting of my tribulations:

<http://lists.terrasoftsolutions.com/pipermail/yellowdog-general/2004-February/011860.html>

You might also want to look at AbiWord for word processing (I like its
"look and feel" better than that of OO.o). An older version of AbiWord
is on the YDL 3 install disks.

Good luck!

Best wishes,
Clint