OpenOffice

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 17:35:37 MDT 2004

Thanks everyone: I got OpenOffice 1.1.2 installed. It feels quite slow
(slower even than what came with YDL 3.0.1) but at least it offers
decent MS Word and Excel compatibility. I prefer AbiWord and GNUmeric
for speed and polish but they're a little weak when it comes to M$
file format compatibility.

(unfortunately, if it doesn't play well with Microsoft, I can't use it
(the nice thing about MS Word and Excel file formats is that newer
versions of said applications _have_ to play nice with Office 97
formats since there are a _lot_ of people & businesses out there still
running Office 97 on their computers)

Eric.