YD 4

Eddie Bindt yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 19:51:48 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004, Gavin Hemphill wrote:

> Ryan:
> 	I'd check your provider first.  My downloads of YDL4rc2 took 7 hrs for
> the 4 ISO's for the 040811 version on August 12th  and 3.5 hours for the
> 040812 version on August 14th.

I did not have problems downloading YD4 since the alpha versions.
But, There is not too much bandwidth dedicated to ydl.net (I think 2MBit
or so ... And more and more people with an enhanced account are trying to
download it... when there are 10 simultanious downloads you wont get more
than 200KBit/second (around 20KByte/s) ...

> You should also note that this is only YDL4rc2 - YDL4 has not been
> released yet and its not ready as far as I can tell since it wont boot
> my silver G4.  It works on my TI Powerbook though.

Did not have problems on my G4 QuickSilver 867MHz ... On RC1 there where
problems with graphical install, that is fixed ...

YDL4 also runs smooth on my #2 Apple Network Server ...

The 2.6.8 kernel is really great ...
Overall YDL4 is the best PPC release ever !

E.

--
Eddie Bindt