YDL 4 and partition map problems

Sanders, Rob M. yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 2 Sep 2004 17:09:49 -0400

Ryan,
  I know I'm coming in late on this thread, but have you tried
installing YDL3=20
(partitioned as you'd like), then installing YDL4 on top, without
repartitioning
(just reformating)?  I've installed YDL4 (both rc1 and rc2) on a G5
tower that way,=20
overwriting the existing / partition with no problems.

					Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: yellowdog-general-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
[mailto:yellowdog-general-admin@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com] On Behalf
Of Ryan Nix
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2004 1:11 PM
To: yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Subject: YDL 4 and partition map problems [heur]

I'm still having difficulty with YDL 4 partitioning for some reason.

Here is how I have manually set things up:

/dev/hda1  Apple Boostrap   1 mb             start 1               end 3
/dev/hda2   swap                 768 mb          start 3              =20
end 1563
/dev/hda3      /        ext3        2728 6mb     start 1563         end=20
77317
/dev/hda4    /boot   ext3        100 mb         start 77317       end
77520

Upon attempting to install, I get "Partition Map has no partition map=20
entry!"

YDL 3 was always fine because it did it for me manually.

Please, help!!

Thanks,

Ryan

--=20