YDL 4 + partion map problems

Eddie Bindt yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Fri, 3 Sep 2004 07:36:59 +0200 (CEST)

On 2 Sep 2004, Derick Centeno wrote:

Ryan, and others,

yes, you can upgrade from YDL3 to YDL4 with yum. Instructions will be made
public when the time is there. I did create my own repositories and
updated the machines.
Dunno why you have dependency problems while trying to upgrade yum.
If you attach the normal ydl3 repositories and the normal freshrpms repo,
you should not have problems. Perhaps you did once manual install some
stuff that was not correct or perhaps you used the --force or --nodeps
once while you shouldn't ...

> There are NO packages available yet which yum can read or access at this
> time for YDL 4.  I've searched through a lot of YDL mirrors; you also
> can check the mirrors if you wish but as far as I know the only YDL
> users who have access to YDL 4 are those who enlisted with TerraSoft's
> YDL.net!
indeed, there is NO final ydl4 yet, there is NO public YDL4 mirror, if
there is, someone is breaking license ...

> The rest of us, will have to wait until the other mirrors are all
> updated with YDL 4.  This may take a while.  Caution: Don't hold your
> breath waiting!

Eddie
--
Eddie Bindt