Re[2]: GAIM 0.82

Jerry S. yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 4 Sep 2004 08:34:50 -0700

Hello Eddie,

  Excellent instructions and you are correct, building from source
  should only be done by those that can recover from the damage
  sometimes inflicted!

  One thing to remember, gaim.sourceforge.net normally posts a source
  rpm and in the past I have been able to rebuild a binary rpm
  directly from that.
  1. download gaim<version>.src.rpm
  2. rpmbuild --rebuild gaim<version>.src.rpm
  3. rpm -Uvh /usr/src/yellowdog/RPMS/ppc/gaim<version>ppc.rpm

  I have done this  for ppc and x86 boxes both.

  Hope that helps!

  jer

--
Best regards,
 Jerry

Windows has detected that your mouse has moved, please wait while
Windows reboots for your changes to take effect.