GAIM 0.82

Olaf Olson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 04 Sep 2004 11:39:00 -0700

Thanks, Eddie.

The reason I was proposing such a thing as compiling from source was
that I didn't know it was possible to rebuild a newer RPM. I thought
that if YDL couldn't find it in a yum update, it couldn't be found. I
was also under the impression that if there was no update, your only
solution was to compile it from source and bring it in. I am happy to
hear that there is an alternative.

As the purpose for me to have YDL is to learn, I am going to delete my
recently installed GAIM 0.82, reinstall (yum install gaim) to the old
version, then follow your instructions to build a new rpm and install it.

I appreciate the new (for me) technique!

Olaf

Perhaps this should be added to the FAQ