Trouble with Xserver on YDL 3.0.1 on iBook G4

Andrew Zschetzsche yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 04 Sep 2004 11:34:13 -0500

I got Yellow Dog to install on my iBook G4 14" 1.2Gz machine.  It installed
ok, but the installer defaulted to the text installer.  I have been trying
to get the X server to run.

I have been trying to do various things after reading various websites.
I modified the XF86Config file so that X would start, only the left 1/3 of
the screen would display an image (of the Gnome desktop), but it was all
skewed and scratchy.  So I modified it some more, and I was able to get X to
start, but now the screen ballons into a dark white hue.  (It looked very
damaging to the screen, so that did'nt last long :).

I reinstalled YDL, this time not setting up X windows in the install.

Can anyone help me?

Thank you,
Andy Z

-- Andrew Zschetzsche