GAIM 0.82

Olaf Olson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 04 Sep 2004 16:06:08 -0700

Thanks, Eddie.

I did as I proposed, based on your instructions, and blasted my GAIM
upgrade, then reinstalled 0.80 (from the freshrpms upgrade, yum install
gaim). I then followed your instructions, except that my RPMS directory
lies down a different path from yours. It worked!

Now, for the questions.

YDL LOVES yum. That said, is there a way to do this with yum, so we stay
within the knowledge base of YDL. I'm guessing that yum can do all of
the stuff, once we download the src.rpm, including creating the new rpm
and installing or updating, so that a user doesn't have to know where
the RPMS directory really is.

Second, barring that, I am guessing that there is an environment
variable that decides where to place all of this stuff. to make it
easier for the user to find it later, for the full install. What is that
variable, if anyone on this list knows?

Thanks again, for the enlightenment.

Olaf