What about Linux-on-Mac?

Bill Fink yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 01:04:01 -0400

Hi Steve,

On Sun, 05 Sep 2004, Steve Roy wrote:

> I got Mac-on-Linux to run and it works fine with my setup. However I
> can't help but wonder if it's possible to do the opposite. Instead of
> running Mac OS X within Linux, how about running Linux within Mac OS X.
> Is there such a piece of software out there? That would be tremendously
> useful for me because I run Linux mostly just to test my Java software.

If you check the archives of the Mac-On-Linux (MOL) e-mail list, you will
see that this is already planned, although development on this appears
to have stalled.  IIRC some adventurous people were able to successfully
boot MOM (MacOS 9 on MacOS X) but I don't believe anyone has yet succeeded
in booting LOM (Linux on MacOS X).

The Mac-On-Linux homepage is at:

	http://www.maconlinux.org/

>From the Mar 21, 2004 Hot News:

	Mac-on-Linux 0.9.70 is out!

	  Technical highlights

	* Arch separation (yes... mol will soon run under OS X)

As you can see, that was a while ago now, but hopefully it will all
get ironed out eventually.

						-Bill