Semi newbie question Read-Only

GDB-B&W-YDL3.0.1 yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Wed, 08 Sep 2004 23:12:36 -0400

GDB-B&W-YDL3.0.1 wrote:

> David C. Hacker, DVM wrote:
>
>> Here are some tips I put together if you have problems with getting
>> MOL  going.
>> http://www.sharplabs.com:8668/space/Configuring+YDL/
>> Kernel+Errors+and+Mac+On+Linux
>>
>> David C. Hacker, DVM
>> On Sep 4, 2004, at 10:50 PM, GDB-B&W-X.3.5 wrote:
>>
>> <snip>

Okay, after some additional reading and updating, etc.  I have finally
managed to get MOL running, sort of...  I can only boot into my OS 9.2
partition, all attempts to boot into OSX have failed.  My X has been
updated to 10.3.5 and I don't know if this is the reason or not, but at
least I'm on the right track.  Guess I have a lot more reading to do.
 Have only been able to get full screen video so far but I would like to
be able to run a Mac OS in a window if possible.

On a somewhat related subject, does anyone know if it is possible to
have yaboot start the last OS ran on a reboot instead of just
configuring a default OS?  I run BootIt NG on the PC and this excellent
program will allow one to configure it to boot either a default OS or it
will just boot into the last OS ran if none is specified.  This makes it
easier to take that bathroom break between reboots!

Just a message from Doug...