Yellowdog Linux vs. Power Mac G4/G5

Daniel Gimpelevich yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Thu, 09 Sep 2004 17:10:03 -0700

No NuBus machines ever shipped with a 7400 processor (the first G4). For
some reason the everymac website doesn't list model names. According to the
apple-history website:
http://www.apple-history.com/frames/body.php?page=gallery&model=g4giga
The model name is "Power Macintosh G4 (Gigabit Ethernet)" and I know for a
fact that it can run 2.3; however, the multiprocessing kernel will not be
installed by default -- you will have to do it manually.
--
"No gnu's is good gnu's."   --Gary Gnu, "The Great Space Coaster"