Mozilla 1.7.2 distribution built for GNU Linux/PowerPC

Olaf Olson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 11 Sep 2004 15:53:34 -0700

Neill,

Thanks for creating a distribution for Mozilla 1.7.2!

At the risk of looking like an idiot, what do I do with it?

I downloaded it and read the two README files. It seemed like all I
needed to do was run it, yet, when I did so, all I got was:

Cannot find mozilla runtime directory. Exiting.

Not sure what that means, but I know it means that whatever I assumed, I
was wrong.

Since yum doesn't appear to be an answer, without a repository that
contains a newer version than 1.6, I am stumped on how to update. I've
done a bit of searching, but the info appears to be about i586 or i686
Linux only, or is specific to using the various ppc proprietary
installers, for Mandrake, Gentoo, etc.

With ydl 3.0.1, on a G3 B&W, I am still stumped, although still
fortunate to have Mozilla 1.6 running.

Thanks

Olaf