Windows WAY out of scale

Olaf Olson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 11 Sep 2004 19:28:13 -0700

Despite having YDL in place for several months, I just started to use
OpenOffice. The result was a disaster. Fonts appear to be about 3 inches
tall. The sheet is still only as large as the screen, so there are about
3 or 4 letters from the document on the screen. There are no scroll bars
on the screen, so I can't see any of the rest of the screen. I can't see
any buttons or icons.

So... brilliantly, I figured it could all be resolved by simply
reinstalling, or, better yet, installing the latest version.

Unfortunately, I can't install that either, as it appears to be that the
funky size problem is not with Open Office, but with KDE, as all I get
of the first screen of the installer is the upper left corner, so I
can't read any messages, can't see any buttons, can't do a think.

On the off chance that the installer would behave as every other one
I've ever seen, I hit the escape key and the letters Are  You Sure Y
appeared, part of the Are you sure you want to exit the installater?
message. I hit the Y key and the installer exited.

So....... Anybody have a clue as to what is wrong?

I also notice that previews in Konqueror are HUGE and so only a small
portion of the upper left corner of whatever image is supposed to
display actually appears. Liekwise with icons and file content previews.

I seem to have fallen into an outsized world!

Olaf