Mixed questions about YDL4

Emil yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 11:56:25 +0200

Hi

I don't know if this is more of a ydl-newbie-list question. But I'll
give it a shot, I'm really sorry if I'm at the wrong place!

1. from what I understood when I read some PM about YDL4 was my emac
2004 not supported. Is this true or false? (I really want to run YDL on
my emac, I've been waiting a long time for YDL4, and emac+ydl is such a
great "sort of"-inexpensive way of running Linux on PPC)
2. In the RC3 PM it states that when support for the G4 xServes has been
added YDL4 will become a glass-master. Is this the same thing as a
golden master?
3. And the obvious one: How far away do you think the final release is?
4. I have two old beige G3:s (one which I used to run YDL3 on) which I
would like to use as servers with YDL4. I've heard that TSS has dropped
official support for old world macs, but do you think (or even better
have you tried?) YDL4 still will work on the G3:s, or would that take me
a lot of work?
5. Is there a place where I (as a not-yet paying customer, I'm sorry,
I'm a student! I'll support TSS in the future) can list the packages
included in YDL4? (mainly I want to see which versions some packages
are, like apache, php, gd, gimp, and maybe a few more)

That's my questions for now.

Regards Emil