Help installing YDL on an RS6000 F50

sloopy yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 18 Sep 2004 00:34:05 -0400

On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 20:35, Derick Centeno wrote:
> The link below addresses the rs/6000 specifically and mentions that YDL
> 3.0 is one of the distros that should work using this method.  I hope it
> is helpful.
>
> http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/IBM7248-HOWTO
>
> The Champion Server page though ancient may have information on it
> which, when combined with the link above should be able to give you a
> working diskette or CD even.  Best wishes...
>
> On Fri, 2004-09-17 at 19:35, Matthew Page wrote:
> > I am trying to install YDL on an IBM RS6000 F50 and am not having much
> > luck.  I found a FAQ on the website but the website that hosted the
> > boot image to burn to a floppy is no longer valid, so I can’t even get
> > started with what the FAQ says to do.  The URL for the FAQ is
> > http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/champion_server/rs6k.shtml
> >

> > Also, the URL says champion_server so I think that this FAQ may be
> > ancient.

if you havnt seen it this has alot of info on IBM ppc machines,

http://penguinppc.org/dev/prep/

also on IRC (server: irc.freenode.[org,net] channel: #ppclinux ) has a
few people who run linux on ibm hardware and are quite knowledgable, but
not it can take some time for them to respond... minutes to several
hours isnt uncommon...

sloopy.