Mozilla 1.7.2 distribution built for GNU Linux/PowerPC

Olaf Olson yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 18 Sep 2004 12:55:06 -0700

Neill,

Finally got around to trying again, so I could capture the full error
message. Saw your post about 1.7.3 and decided to try that, instead.

I downloaded your files, per your instructions (

Download directly from here:
http://thecodefactory.org/mozilla/mozilla-powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu-1.7.3.tar.gz
)

and then followed the instructions from the included README and README.txt files.

 To install Mozilla by downloading the tar.gz file:

        1. Create a directory named "mozilla" (mkdir mozilla)
        and change to that directory (cd mozilla).

        2. Click the link on the site you're downloading
        Mozilla from to download the non-installer
        (mozilla*.tar.gz) file into the mozilla directory.

        3. Change to the mozilla directory (cd mozilla) and
        decompress the file with the following command:

          tar zxvf moz*.tar.gz

        This creates a "mozilla" directory under your mozilla
        directory.

        4. Change to the mozilla directory (cd mozilla).

        5. Run Mozilla with the following run script:

          ./mozilla

I followed those instructions and got:

Yup. Blank Line. No replies, no hints, no runs, no hits, no errors, nobody left on.

Am I trying to make this too difficult, like... I should just replace my mozilla 1.6 directory with the new 1.7.3 directory, or something similar? Am I trying to make this an install, by actually looking for something that needs to be installed? What simple thing am I obviously missing?

Thanks

Olaf