Just curious

GDB-Dell-WinME yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
Sat, 18 Sep 2004 19:49:23 -0400

mascarasnake wrote:

> Hey Doug -
> <Snipage>

IMHO, that sounds like the route I would go. If you can back up your mac
side to another disk and start from a clean drive, you could get that
partition map fixed. You might want to hang out to see and see what
other "HO's" are, but them's my pennies. CCC is a great backup app by
the way. I've been using it and psync for about 8 months now, with
bi-monthly backups - no problems.

> g'luck

Okay, just so happens I have a newly purchased 80 Gb Maxtor IDE HD.
I've swapped out the one that is screwed up and I put the new one in.
I'm currently setting up the drive the way it should be.  I have a 15 Gb
free space at the beginning of the drive (for YDL/Swap and bootstrap),
next is a 20 Gb OSX partition followed by a 5 Gb OS9 partition and the
rest is set to be a Data partition. I'm currently installing 10.3.x at
the moment and once that is done I will remove the drive and put it in
my iMac.  Once that is done I will install OS 9 and YDL to see how it
works.  If it works okay there I'll know that was the problem.  If it
turns out to be the case I will use CCC and reorder the original HD in
my B&W.  I was going to do this anyway being as I don't have a DVD drive
in the iMac and my Panter is on a DVD.  Hope this works, will let you
know how it turns out.  Thanks much for the help.

Just a message from Doug...