dev files

Derick Centeno yellowdog-general@lists.terrasoftsolutions.com
20 Sep 2004 19:37:51 -0400

By definition if it was designed for intel then it will be looking for
hardware components peculiar/specific for intel compatibles.  The PPC is
a different architecture entirely!

One could download source and recompile it so it runs on PPC systems,
but in regards to hardware devices usually the manufacturer has to
decide whether to allow that freedom or to create the PPC binaries
themselves.  Many hardware devices for PPC systems run fine from drivers
provided from within kernels. Or kernels can be themselves recompiled so
that devices running on PPC systems can be recognized. Luckily...